PARISH VISION STATEMENT
We are a community of families and young workers centered in Christ and inspired by St. John Bosco.
In order to achieve this vision, we commit ourselves to:
- Evangelize the members of our parish community
- Provide holistic formation to families and young workers
- Celebrate meaningfully the Sacraments especially the Eucharist
Pioneer residents move into Santa Rosa Village, the first of a chain of subdivisions along the borders of Sta. Rosa and Biñan in Laguna, developed by Ayala Land. Simultaneously, an adjacent industrial park, another Ayala Land development, rises.
– Priests are fetched from nearby barangays to bless houses and factories and to celebrate Masses for company workers.
Ayala land offers a parcel of land along Biñan to the Salesians including Php10M as seed money for the construction of a new Catholic church
– During the planning stages for the church construction, Santa Rosa Village I (SRVI) offers its multi-purpose hall as the temporary center for church-related activities.
The first Mass is celebrated at the SRVI multi-purpose hall. Thereafter, Sunday Masses are celebrated there at 8:00 a.m. by priests from the Mary Help of Christians Parish Church in Canlubang.
Start of church construction with Engr. Bernie Lopez, Project Director of Ayala Land’s residential development, in charge.
Church construction completes.
– Still without an altar and pews in the new church, the community continues using the SRVI multi-purpose hall for Masses.
Church interior furnishings are gradually completed through joint family and community fund-raising efforts.
– 10 pews are constructed for Php 2000
– 100 pieces of monobloc chairs are donated by the Mary Help of Christians Parish in Canlubang.
Fr. Chito Dimaranan, SDB, celebrates the first Mass in the church for a baptismal ceremony.
Fr. Richie Santos, SDB, organizes the community’s Salesian Educative-Pastoral Project (SEPP).
The Salesians begin the Diocesan application process to establish a new parish, but Mass attendance is way below the required 2000 attendees.
The Salesians acquire pastoral territorial jurisdiction over three nearby barangays: Kampo, Sto. Domingo and Mesa Homes.
The Diocese of San Pablo approves the creation of the new parish.
On January 31, 2001, the St. John Bosco Parish in Sta. Rosa, Laguna, is inaugurated with Fr. Ernie Cruz, SDB, as Parish Priest.
The new Parish celebrates its first Easter Triduum and Salubong.
The Parish crafts its first Vision / Mission.
It holds its first election for the Parish Pastoral Council (PPC).
Choir loft installed.
Bishop Leo M. Drona, SDB, comes for the Parish’s first canonical visit
First house-to-house Stations of the Cross held.
SJBP undertakes extensive renovations to accommodate the increasing number of Mass goers:
– sideways structural expansion to increase church capacity
– additional conference room, Adoration Chapel, and parking areas
– Parish Office and Religious Store
– Salesian Community’s 2nd floor living quarters
Construction and inauguration of John Paul II Hall
Second election of PPC officers
Construction and Inauguration of Youth Center
Launching of Club 100
Revisit of Parish Vision / Mission during a retreat in Lipa, Batangas.
The Image of Divine Mercy is installed in the Altar.
Parish holds its first Siete Palabras.
Fr. Rolo Alcasid, SDB, succeeds Fr. Ernie as Parish priest.
Don Bosco’s pilgrim relic visits the Parish.
Launching of first Parish website: sjbparishsantarosa.org
SJBP celebrates its 10th Founding Anniversary.
Fr. Bobby Maria Roxas, SDB, is installed as Parish priest.
Parish initiates monthly formation talks.
The Sower, the Parish quarterly newsletter begins publishing.
Establishment of The Associations of Salesian Cooperators (ASC) and Mary Help of Christians (ADMA) in SJBP.
Fr. Roger Tamares, SDB, succeeds Fr. Bobby as Parish priest.
Launching of new Parish website: sjbosco-starosa.org
The Salesians of Don Bosco (or the Salesian Society, officially named the Society of St. Francis de Sales) is a Roman Catholic religious congregation of men founded on December 18, 1859, by St. John Bosco to help poor children in the streets, prisons and sweatshops of Turin during the Industrial Revolution.
The Salesians’ charter describes the Society’s mission as: “the Christian perfection of its associates obtained by the exercise of spiritual and corporal works of charity towards the young, especially the poor, and the education of boys to the priesthood”. The Society is named after St. Francis de Sales, a 17th-century bishop of Geneva.
The Diocese of San Pablo was established by the Apostolic Letter Ecclesianum Perempla on November 28, 1966, separating it from the Archdiocese of Lipa to which it had belonged since 1910. The diocese, which comprises San Pablo City and the province of Laguna, belongs to the Ecclesiastical Province of Manila.
On April 18, 1967, Bishop Pedro N. Bantigue was installed as its first bishop. Its fourth and current bishop is Bishop Buenaventura Malayo Famadico.
Its titular head and patron is St. Peter of Thebes, the First Hermit, after whom the Diocese and its Cathedral is named.
Recently, it celebrated its Golden Jubilee from November 28, 2015 to November 27, 2016.
The administrative affairs of the SJBP are handled by the Parish Office, which serves as the “front desk” of the office of the Parish priest. It is the portal through which services are channeled and Parish-related requests are accepted. They assist the priests in providing the sacraments and other services to the parishioners, by scheduling requests for blessings of homes, offices, and articles; Mass celebrations in villages, barangay chapels, companies, as well as funeral services in the Parish church. The Parish office also facilitates requests for the anointing of the sick, the offering of Mass intentions, the holding of seminars in the Parish, and counseling.
The Parish Office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Tuesdays to Sundays.
Tel: (049) 541 1134 and (049) 502 2897 Email: email@example.com